Sawing and Polishing Devices for Crimp Cross-Section Analysis
The SawPolish Unit is a component of the MicroGraph System for the creation of high quality cross-sectional images of crimp connections.
- Three models for sawing and polishing a wide range of crimp connections
- Polishing disc is in line with the saw blade for fast and simple processing
- Compatible with ElectrolyteStaining Unit and MacroZoom Unit 1.3 for a complete crimp cross-section analysis
- Numerous sample holders are available for a variety of applications, such as welding, potting and connector inspection
The SawPolish Unit enables users to saw and polish samples quickly and cleanly using the combined sawing-polishing process. The SawPolish Unit can process crimp contacts for cross-sections up to 60 mm² (1/0 AWG) or a maximum sample height up to 20 mm (0.79”). The saw blades will cleanly cut most common materials, such as copper, aluminum, steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, titanium, bronze, brass, cast iron, gold, silver, inconel, nimonic, hastelloy, magnesium alloys and plastic. Other materials may be possible and can be evaluated during sample processing.
The sample is placed in an interchangeable sample holder and inserted into the sample slide. The cutting blade and polishing disc are aligned so that the sample can be cut and polished in one motion to minimize processing time. The carbide blades cut so cleanly that polishing is frequently not even required thereby reducing overall process time. The sample holder can then be removed and installed into other components of the system for further analysis.
Cutting blades are available in various widths to accommodate a range of sample sizes. Similarly, numerous sample holders are available for a variety of applications, such as welding, potting and connector inspection.
|Polishing Disc Diameter||
|Blade / Polishing Motor speed||
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||
- Numerous sample holders for various applications
- Carbide cutting blade for long life and precise cutting
- Various blade widths available for processing a wide range of wires
- Polishing disc in line with cutting blade for fast and simple processing
- SawPolish Unit 6
- SawPolish Unit 6 Comfort
- SawPolish Unit 60
- Variety of sample holders for small or special applications
- Cutting blades of various sizes
- Additional polishing discs
- Vacuum system
- Digital magnifier (SawPolish Unit 6 Comfort)
- Display for mechanical adjustments (SawPolish Unit 6 Comfort)