Twisting Station for CrimpCenter
The STW 1100 twisting station is specifically designed for twisting conductor end strands with the fully automatic cut, strip, terminate machines of the CrimpCenter series. It easily handles wire sizes up to 2.5 mm² (14 AWG) and twists conductor end strands of stripped wires up to 18 mm (0.71'') stripping length. It is typically used in conjunction with the STS 1100 tinning station.
- Short cycle times
- Can be used as stand-alone station or mounted in any crimping station
- Directly programmable in CrimpCenter machine software EASY
- Short changeover times
The STW 1100 twisting station twists conductor strands and is typically used in conjunction with the STS 1100 tinning station. With its compact design, the STW 1100 can either be mounted as a stand-alone station or mounted in any crimping station using the standard quick-change applicator base plate. Changing applications from twisting to crimping is fast and simple. All of the necessary station calibration settings and processing parameters are stored in the software for future use. The gripper force can be adjusted according to the application. Whether used as a stand-alone station or mounted in a crimping station, operating the STW 1100 is simple and fully integrated.
Up to 2.5 mm² (14 AWG)
|Twisting Length (left/right end)||
End 1: 4 – 18 mm (0.16 – 0.71”) Optional up to 23 mm (0.91”), depending on wire
24 V DC, 1.5 A
|Compressed Air Connection||
6 bar (90 psi) compressed air, oil-free, filtered and dry
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||
315 x 80 x 160 mm (12.4” x 3.2“ x 6.3”)
≤4 kg (9 lbs.)
The STW 1100 fully complies with all CE and EMC equipment guidelines relative to mechanical and electrical safety and electromagnetic compatibility.
Schleuniger recommends that wire samples be submitted in cases where there is doubt as to the processing capabilities of a particular machine.
- Base frame (required for use as stand-alone station)
- 23 mm (0.9") twist length (Side 1 only, depends on wire; testing required)
- Adapters for different applicator base plate versions
- Can be mounted in the crimping press or used as a stand-alone station
- Full integration and control via CrimpCenter EASY operating software
- Wire cross sections up to 2.5 mm² (14 AWG)