Unbeatable Quality in Micro-Coaxial and Coaxial Cable Processing
CoaxCenter 6000 is a fully automatic machine for processing micro-coaxial and coaxial cables as well as single conductor wires.
Don‘t waste time and money on inaccurate equipment. To Be Precise is our motto and precision is our business.
The QCam 360 automatically monitors the stripping quality. This eliminates the need for time-consuming manual post-production monitoring processes.
Traceability of the data is ensured because the CoaxCenter 6000 records production data, including the 3D images.
Depending on the application, the CoaxCenter 6000 can be equipped with various processing stations.
High production output:
Short changeover times. Fast and simple machine set-up. Simultaneous
processing of both cable ends.
- Coaxial Cable
- Discrete Wire
- Micro-Coaxial Cable
- Single Conductor Cable
- Single Wire
- Solid Wire
- Special Designed Terminals
- Stranded Wire
- Wire with Special Isolation
|Raw Material Diameter||
Maximum 5.5 mm (0.21")
0.005 mm2 (40 AWG)
Minimum 15 mm (0.59") + stripping lengths
Minimum 0.1 mm (0.004“)
|Strip Length Tolerance||
+/– 50 μm (depending on cable type and programming)
Cut & Strip: 1,200 pcs/h (100 mm (3.93") long, 3-step strip on both sides)
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||
1,300 x 800 / 900 x 1,400 mm (51.18 x 31.49 / 35.43 x 55.11")
|Dimensions (L x W x H) incl. WireStacker and WireStraightener||
2,000 x 800 / 900 x 1,400 mm (78.74 x 31.49 / 35.43 x 55.11")
407 kg (897.28 lbs.)
100/120 VAC, 200/240 VAC, 800 VA, 50/60Hz
|Compressed Air Connection||
6 bar (87 psi) non-oiled, dried and filtered compressed air
The CoaxCenter 6000 complies fully with all CE and EMC equipment guidelines relative to mechanical and electrical safety and electromagnetic compatibility.
Schleuniger recommends that wire samples be submitted in cases where there is doubt as to the processing capabilities of a particular machine.1)
1) *1) depends on cable diameter and stiffness of the cable
Within today’s modern communication technology, increasing requirements for data transmission, with regard to data volume and safety, require more complex transmission mechanisms. This increases the requirements for antenna components. Consequently, the demands for processing the micro-coaxial cables and coaxial cables required for these antenna components are also increasing.
- It has become practically impossible to achieve the required length tolerances with manual work or with semi-automatic Tools
- Therefore, the cable ends have to be tested systematically. Use of microscopes or magnifying glasses is inefficient and the quality of such measurements is subject to fluctuations. Experience has shown that the individual assessment of the quality of such fine structures varies with the time of day and from person to person
- Transporting the cables between the individual steps is also problematic. Even the smallest touch to the cable end can bend it and render the cable unusable. In the worst case scenario this can even result in failure of the end product
Our solution to this challenge is the CoaxCenter 6000. It automates all cable assembly steps in one highly flexible machine platform. After cutting the cable, the cable end is held by one single gripper during all processes. That means there is no transfer. The cable retains its exact position and is therefore fed to the individual stations with maximum positioning accuracy. These stations were specially designed for the demanding requirements of this application:
- RotaryUnit 6000: The RotaryUnit 6000 is a unique, rotary stripping unit in which the individual cable layers are incised and stripped with the highest precision. A centering device, consisting of six segments, ensures that the cable is kept in its optimum position during the incision without being damaged by the clamping pressure. The stripped cable parts are removed by a powerful extraction. Mechanics and extraction are designed to be operated in multiple shifts without maintenance interruptions
- QCam 360: The QCam 360 is an extremely high quality camera system, which inspects and tests the cable ends directly after stripping. In addition, the QCam 360 can test other process steps, such as determining if the crimp terminal is seated correctly on the cable end after crimping
- After all process steps have been carried out automatically, the cable is set down with a specially developed tweezer gripper without damaging the cable ends
In addition to the specially developed processing stations, crimp presses and other stations from third-party suppliers can also be integrated. The QCam 360 can also check the process steps carried out with these stations.