Pneumatic Crimping Machine
The CT 36 pneumatic crimping machine was developed with safety and productivity in mind for loose-piece crimping applications. Its parallel crimping action delivers a force of up to 20 kN (2.5 US tons) for open and closed barrel applications including wire end ferrules. The full-cycle mechanism ensures crimp quality by fully closed dies before the end of the crimping operation. The machine's ergonomic 15-degree tilt provides an optimal viewing angle, and LED lighting improves visibility of the crimping area.
The machine uses a small pneumatic cylinder to hold the crimping head in the closed position. The operator uses the first of two interlocked foot pedals to open the dies while using both hands to position the wire and terminal. When the first foot pedal is released, the dies close lightly to hold the terminal in place. The operator presses the second foot pedal to complete the crimping cycle. As an added safety feature, the machine will not cycle if the dies are opened more than 5.9 mm (0.23").
The new quick-change die adapter system allows for fast changeover times and lets users prepare for upcoming jobs by using additional (optional) die adapters. The CT 36 is very simple to set up and operate. A wide range of crimping dies can be used by choosing the corresponding die adapter.
- Parallel crimping action
- Preclose function to increase productivity, quality and safety
- Safety feature to prevent accidental machine start
- Full-cycle mechanism ensures dies close completely before they are reopened
- Ergonomic 15-degree tilt provides clear view of work area
- LED illuminated crimping area for accurate, fast and safe positioning of the terminal
- Electronic piece counter
- Easy dual foot pedal operation
- New quick-change die adapter system
- Includes one die adapter to choose from. See “Application Range” in the following tab.
- Crimping force up to 20 kN (2.5 tons)
- Crimp terminals onto wires up to 10 mm² (8 AWG)
- Includes one die adapter to choose from for all new Schleuniger malefitting
Conductor Cross Section
Up to 6 mm2 (10 AWG)
20 kN (2.5 tons)
|Stroke||6 mm ( 0.24”)|
|Ram Speed (no load)|
Approximately 1 cm/s (0.39 inch/s)
|Safety Shield||Not required due to the additional safety feature that prevents the machine from cycling if the dies are opened more than 5.9 mm (0.23 in).|
|Compressed Air Supply|
6 bar / 90 psi, 2.3 l (140.4 in3) per stroke
110 - 240VAC (Only for low consumption LED Light)
|Weight||25 kg (55 lbs)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)|
390 x 175 x 440 mm (15.4” x 6.9” x 17.3”)
The CT 36 complies fully with all CE and EMC equipment guidelines relative to mechanical and electrical safety and electromagnetic compatibility.
|RoHS-Conformity||The CT 36 complies with the EU-Guideline 2002/95/EG (RoHS).|
|Important Note||Schleuniger recommends that wire samples be submitted in cases where there is doubt as to the processing capabilities of a particular machine.|
- Custom die holders to accept other manufacturers’ die sets are available upon request.
- Custom crimping die sets available upon request.